Basmati Rice from Priya Foods absorbs the enigmatic and timeless aura of the extra-long grain that is the lifeline for the traditional rice eaters in the Northern and upper crest of the Indian Subcontinent. Rich in aroma and procured from verdant soils of the Ganga Valley, Priya Foods Basmati Rice is processed with advanced technology using coloursortex.
The Basmati Rice is packed hygienically and attractively in a laminated film to retain the aroma and enhance the shelf-life.
The bliss of this white wonder is all that is needed for an incredible indulgence with biryani or pulav.
- Soak rice for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Add one spoon of butter / oil and salt for taste
- Closed pan: 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice
- Open pan: 5 cups of water for 1 cup of rice
(The rice may require slightly more or less water to cook depending on the hardness of water)
- Open pan: Bring water to rolling boil.
- Add the rice and stir gently.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain and spread in an open pan.
- Closed pan: Bring water and rice to boil.
- Cover pan with a tight lid and let it simmer for 12 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow it to stand covered for five minutes